The first band I ever really went mad for were ELO, getting their 1979 album Discovery for my 13th birthday. Discovery was a very commercial album, but working backwards to their earlier albums, here was a band who could write proggy songs with a nice tune.
They had evolved from The Move in 1970-71, and here, too, is a great lost band of the 60s, ripe for re-evaluation.
- ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA Fire On High
from Face the Music (1975)
- ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA Eldorado (side 1) (Progzilla edit)
- Can’t Get It Out Of My Head
- Boy Blue
- Laredo Tornado
- Poor Boy (The Greenwood)
- Eldorado Finale
from Eldorado (1974)
- ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA Kuiama (Progzilla edit)
from ELO 2 (1973)
- THE MOVE Message From The Country
from Message From The Country (1971)
- THE MOVE What?
from Looking On (1970)
- ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA Concerto for a Rainy Day
- Standing in the Rain
- Big Wheels
- Summer and Lightning
- Mr Blue Sky
from Out of the Blue (1978)