Being a collector and wanting to own everything is sometimes a challenge.
Take Robert Fripp, the head Crim. John Relph’s exhaustive discography lists over 1,100 recordings with Fripp participating (including official and unofficial, studio and live). That’s not 1,100 songs, but 1,100 albums!
Where to begin?
Fripp has collaborated extensively over the last four decades, and on this episode of The Progzilla Files we choose ten of the best of these.
- PROJEKCT ONE 4 i 1
from Live at the Jazz Café (1999)
- FFWD Lucky Saddle
from FFWD (1994)
- FRIPP & ENO Evening Star
from Evening Star (1975)
- DAVID SYLVIAN & ROBERT FRIPP Jean The Birdman
from The First Day (1993)
- ANDY SUMMERS & ROBERT FRIPP China-Yellow Leader
from I Advance Masked (1982)
- JEFFREY FAYMAN & ROBERT FRIPP The Stars Below
from A Temple In The Clouds (2000)
- ROBERT FRIPP FEATURING DARYL HALL The North Star
from Exposure (1979)
- JAKSZYK, FRIPP & COLLINS The Light of Day
from A Scarcity of Miracles (2011)
- RIEFLIN FRIPP GUNN Retarded (With Steam)
from The Repercussions Of Angelic Behavior (1999)
- SUNDAY ALL OVER THE WORLD Freedom
from Kneeling at the Shrine (1991)